- Input formats include MXF (Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2), Apple Pro Res 422, DVCPRO HD QuickTime, MPEG-2, and more
- Output formats include AVC/H.264, MPEG-2, DV, DVCPRO HD, Sony XDCAM, and more.
- Automatic processing for aspect ratio conversion, video size conversion, and frame-rate conversion
- Output to multiple video formats simultaneously
Cambria FTC already supports 8K, 12-bit and HDR. It also supports 64-bit processing for major codecs.
Black Frame/Color Bar Removal Filter
Automatically remove black frames and color bars during transcoding.
Amazon S3 Support
Read from and write files directly to Amazon S3 cloud storage
Cambria FTC includes an audio normalizer for EBU R128 compliance.
Video/Audio Rewrapping and Pass-through
Change containers and trim without re-encoding; pass-through AC-3 audio while preserving metadata; or normalize audio without touching the video.
Automatic Target Setting
Cambria FTC can automatically set target settings based on properties of the source file, such as automatically preserving the resolution, frame rate, interlacing and aspect ratio of the original.
Audio and Captions
The Multitrack Engine handles each audio and metadata track as its own entity. Normalize each audio track separately and add multiple closed caption files for different languages.
Source Adaptive Bitrate Ladders
Automatically adjust the bitrate ladder used for DASH, HLS or Smooth Streaming based on the encoding complexity of the source video.
The Cambria Watch Folder automates batch transcoding jobs. Define your presets for a Watch Folder and simply drop a file on it to start converting automatically. The Watch Folder also supports post-conversion tasks such as FTP/network retrieval and notification via email.
Growing File Support
When using certain video formats, Watch Folders can begin transcoding while the source file is being written or captured to disk.
Modern REST API
Transcoding jobs and resources can be easily controlled through an API. Cambria FTC’s REST architecture is similar to popular APIs such as Facebook or Twitter and is familiar to developers.
EZ Titles Subtitles Plug-in
The EZ Titles plug-in works seamlessly within Cambria FTC. Burn in or embed closed captions in EIA608, EIA708, DVB or teletext format. Embed multiple languages as separate caption tracks as well.
Cambria FTC helps create intelligent workflows by supporting scripts that automatically set transcoding options (for encoding, filters, etc.) based on the properties of the source.
- Encode to same resolution as the source, and adjust bitrate based on resolution.
- Don’t encode to any MPEG DASH resolution greater than source resolution.
- Pass through audio if source contains AC-3 data. Otherwise, encode source to AC-3.
- Burn in subtitle text file to matching source files by same base file names.
Colors Control, Color Range Adjustment, 601/709 Correction, Denoiser, Temporal, Logo, Text Burn-in, Teletext Burn-in, DVB Subtitle Burn-in, XML titler, DVD Subtitle Burn-in, Subtitle Burn-in, Closed Caption Burn-in, SST, Timecode Burn-in, Timecode Overwrite, DVD Makers, Volume Adjustment, Audio Surround to Stereo, Audio Compressor, Audio Delay